3. How will you be spending New Year’s Eve?
I have no idea since I’m recovering from a kidney infection. I hope I don’t spend it in bed.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Yes, I lost my good friend, Jeneane, to Lou Gehrig’s disease in May.
5. What countries did you visit?
Dude, I don’t even know if I left the state of Utah. Oh wait, I took a quick jaunt through Idaho up at Bear Lake this summer.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
Nothing. 2009 was a pretty damn good year.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
May 16th – I did the impossible called the Ogden Half Marathon
June 20th – my baby’s 1st birthday
November 25th – I moved into my first home
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Half marathon, improved lung capacity, my new home, 8 adoption placements, the continued health and happiness of my children and marriage
9. What was your biggest failure?
This was not a year of failures for me. Only long worked for triumphs.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
I was sidelined by bronchitis a couple of times and now this dang kidney infection. I injured my knee lifting too much weight, but it healed quickly and the PA said I have young, healthy knees.
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Um hello, my house!
12. Where did most of your money go?
Um hello, my house!
13. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Anything by Lady Gaga. This was HER year. “Party in the USA” by Miley Cyrus. “Already Gone” by Kelly Clarkson.
14. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Nothing. This was the year I actually started doing things. I ate salad for crimety’s sake!
15. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Stressed out over situations I had no power or control over. Gossiping. I’m bad at that. Complaining.
16. What was your favorite TV program?
“Community” is definitely my new favorite. I was surprised and touched by MTV’s “16 and Pregnant.” Especially the amazing Catelynn and Tyler.
17. Do you hate anyone now that you didn’t hate this time last year?
Hate is a strong word. I would say there are people I dislike more now than I did last year. Or maybe it’s more accurate to say that I trust them less.
18. What was the best book you read?
“The Glass Castle” by Jeanette Walls. It’s a memoir of her youth and I’ve never felt more grateful for my boring, stable childhood.
19. What was your greatest musical discovery?
I really like a couple of Lady Gaga songs, but other than that, I’m liking all the new stuff from all my old favorite musicians.
20. What was your favorite film of this year?
Definitely “UP”. I was crying within the first 15 minutes. And, the wonderful, amazing, glorious “Princess and the Frog.” I’ve never cried so hard for a lightning bug!
21. What did you do on your birthday?
I got to tell one of my longer waiting adoptive couples that a birthmom had picked them, so that was awesome. I went to dinner at the Olive Garden with my fam to celebrate mine and my bro-in-law’s birthday. We had a fabulous meal of OG breadsticks and Strawberry Sicilianos.
22. What kept you sane?
The hubs is my #1 rock of sanity. He’s my anti-depressant. Exercise and yoga. The sweet smiles from my baby and the funny and tender moments with my kids.
23. Who did you miss?
My mother. Always and forever.
24. Who was the best new person you met?
I would have to say that I didn’t meet this person in 2009, but definitely my friendship with my co-worker, Kari, blossomed over the year and I consider her a very good friend now. We talk about everything. She’s the only person who could make me do a half marathon.
25. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009:
I can do hard things.