This is taken from Wednesday, February 22, 2012
As you remember from this post, February 22 was Ash Wednesday, and the day I began my journey with celebrating Lent. This is how I did.
- 7:00 – Alarm goes off. The hubs gets up to get the kids ready for school while I stay in bed.
- 8:30 – I finally decide the Unisom I took the night before (too much Fat Tuesday caffeine) has worn off enough to the point of getting up.
- 8:30ish – take a shower, do my hair, put on make-up, get dressed
- 9:30 – leave with the littlest little and drop him off at my MiL’s house. I chat with her and her neighbor for a while.
- 9:45 – Leave my MiL’s house and head to work.
- 10:15 – Arrive at work 15 minutes late.
- 10:30 – Close my office door, kneel and say a prayer for consecrating my Lenton sacrifice, and a general prayer for the day.
- 10:45 – Read Matthew chapters 1 and 2 from the New Testament
- 10:50ish – Open my office door and start on the work for the day.
- 11:00 – check work emails, write some stuff, make a few phone calls
- 12:00 – Go to Wal-mart (((shudder))) with my bestie/co-worker, K, so we can get treats for our support group. We run into one of our volunteers who advises us on the best possible treat selection.
- 12:45 – Get back to the office
- 12:50 – I ask the intern if she wants to go to court with me today
- 1:00 – Staff meeting
- 1:40 – Leave the office with the intern and drive to another county for court adoption finalization.
- 2:15 – Arrive at court house, meet with my clients, get them to sign some stuff, goo goo at their cute baby, make jokes with the lawyer, kill time…
- 2:30 – Testify in court on behalf of my agency (I didn’t trip off the stand this time so we consider this a success)
- 3:00 – Leave court and head back to the office
- 3:15 – Stop in L-town and get lunch at a yummy sandwich shop. I resist having a Mountain Dew even though they have it on tap.
- 3:45 – Arrive back at the office, head to the potty
- 4:00 – Session with a client
- 5:00 – The group K and I co-facilitate starts. We were supposed to do yoga but our teacher canceled on us. Instead two of the volunteers brought exercise DVDs. I reluctantly change from my work ensemble to exercise clothes.
- 6:30 – Group ends, I head back into my office and eat a salad for dinner while doing more paperwork
- 9:00 – my two co-workers and I leave the office
- 9:30 – Arrive home, no need to change my clothes since I’m already out of my work clothes, K arrives at my house the same time
- 9:45 – K and I watch Tuesday night’s episode of “The Biggest Loser” and “Teen Mom: 2”
- 12:15 a.m. – K and I talk and talk and talk
- 1:15 a.m. – K leaves
- 1:30 – the hubs and I go to bed
It is a successful day because I have not had Mountain Dew all day.